Rose Quartz is a good crystal to use for emotional problems as it is related to the heart chakra. Adults – both men and women and children as well can benefit from the nurturing and comforting qualities of this stone.
It is also nicknamed a mothering stone as it can be used to bond with your unborn child and keep it around the baby after birth to help soothe and calm the baby; and even yourself.
- Colors: Light to dark pink
- Physical benefits: Healing mothers after complicated births, headaches, calming children
- Emotional benefits: Helps with forgiveness, love, post natal depression, overcome abuse of all kinds
- At the workplace: A large unpolished Rose Quartz can be used to protect against unwanted intrusion from colleagues. Also use as an overall protection stone.
- Best for: Children who have night terrors
- Affirmation: I will be kind to myself as I am to others
- Related chakra: Heart
Amethysts are used as engagement rings as a promise to fidelity. Amethyst clusters in the bedroom can be useful to relieve insomnia and nightmares. Also helpful for children who suffer from night fears and terrors.
- Colors: Pale lilac and lavender to deep purple.
- Physical benefits: Known to help with migraines and headaches if you dip the amethyst in running water and rub it on the forehead anti-clockwise.
- Emotional benefits: Amethysts meant – not to be intoxicated in Ancient Greek. Amethyst reduces addiction, OCD, hyperactivity in children and children – nicknamed for this reason as natures tranquilliser.
- At the workplace: Helps in bringing in calm into a pressurised work environment. Use the elixir of an Amethyst on pulse points. (Check out our Reading Corner to learn how to make an elixir)
- Best for: Bring peace and calm. Control cravings.
- Affirmation: I can control my cravings.
- Related chakra: Brow
Read more about the uses and cleansing techniques for your Crystals in our Reading Corner.
Note: Alternate therapies (including Crystals) are not substitutes for medical aid. Please do not replace them with your doctors advice or prescribed medication.