You have to burn sage leaves to feel how it cleanses any space of negativity. It brings a sense of calmness and lightness in the air. Ofcourse this is my experience but burning sage leaves for cleansing a room, group of people or even a single person is an ancient ritual in some cultures.
It is also said to improve clarity, concentration, sluggishness in any room or even people. If you are feeling a bit run down just try burning some sage to clean up the air and lift the mood.
Smudging – the process of burning a bunch of burning dried herbs or leaves as this sage bundle – can be an easy walk through the home and allowing the smoke to clear the energy of the space or it can be as elaborate as a ceremony; where people drum, sing, chant while another fans the smoke of the sage with a feather all around.
Do the method that works best for you but remember that intent is important. Sage is burned to cleanse and purify. By doing this we are inviting the angels and our ancestors to come into our space and take care of us.
– A personal tip: Hold the sage leaves with a tweezer to avoid burning your nail or finger.
– Use a lit candle to burn the sage leaves as they may go off repeatedly. This is even useful if you want to burn multiple sage leaves.
– Simply move the burnt sage leaves around the crystals or hold it under them so the smoke engulfs them.
– Remember to hold positive thoughts and clear intentions of cleansing and removal of negative energies when smudging with sage leaves.
– Our pack of sage leaves will last you for a very long time.