Its the Chinese New Year. Its been a year since we started our journey with Natural Healing Home. Its been exciting, tiring, fun, empowering, challenging… its been a lot of things; but never once has it been boring.
So what do the energies of the New Year bring for us? Lets look at the the Annual Flying Stars and see what changes you must make to balance the energies in your space.
As per the Lunar calendar, the Chinese New Year kicks in on the 28th January 2017. As per the Solar calendar it starts on the 3rd February 2017.
At Natural Healing Home, we follow the Flying Star School of Feng Shui.
We have 9 stars; each star has an element, color, emotion, purpose, effects, etc and these stars are constantly moving. When we move into a new year, it is a major shift in the energy. We as humans are also made of energy and thereby are effected by it.
In the Age of 8 (2004 – 2023), Flying Stars 2, 3, 5, 6, 7 are negative stars that must be cured. The stars 2 (denotes sickness) and 5 (denotes misfortune) are the most troublesome of them all. 1, 8 and 9 are good stars and we can enhance them to bring better luck to the occupants.
- Sickness star 2 resides in the North West. Place 6 metal coins tied in a yellow thread or a metal Wu Lou in this area.
- Misfortune star 5 resides in the South. Place a 6 Rod Full Metal wind chime or salt water cure in this area.
- Conflict star 3 resides in West. Use red colors or the auspicious Lai See in this area.
- Legal trouble star 6 resides in the North.
- Scandal star 7 resides in the South West. For both flying stars 6 and 7 place 3 bamboos in a clear glass vase with plain water.
- Distant prosperity and Academic luck star 1 resides in the centre and can be enhanced by using metal, water elements and black or metallic shades.
- Current prosperity star 8 resides in the East. Enhance this by using red colors, red candles, earthen pottery, salt lamps and real green plants.
- Future prosperity star 9 resides in the South East. Enhance this star by using red or green colors and triangle shape lamps.
Some people like to throw out all the cures from the last year. However if you wish to re-use your cures from the last year again – this is perfectly okay too. But we do recommend giving them a good cleaning before you change their location for 2017.
- Remove all cures (including bamboo’s, wu lou’s, etc.) from their current positions. This can be done the night before the New Year day so you can place your cures nice and fresh the next day.
- Throw away any salt water cures straight into the bin as they are full of negative energies. This is one item we would suggest to re-make and not re-use (including the coins). Throw away any water from plants through the toilet sinks.
- Wash all the cures under running water. Items that can be washed with soap like vases can get the extra cleanse.
- If you feel some items might be ruined with water then skip the second part.
- Once washed; dry and keep all the cures out in the sun for 30 – 60 minutes to energise them.
- Place them in the new locations for 2017 with the intention of curing or enhancing that specific sector with its elemental energy.
As a disclaimer we would like to add that:
1. Trust your intuition when you want to experiment and after you try something new. If it feels right it probably is; if it doesn’t feel right or make you feel happy; its probably not right! Classical Feng Shui is all about making you feel comfortable.
2. A positive intention is very necessary while placing your cures. Positivity in general is a good approach to use towards anything in life. So be positive; always.
Wishing you loads of luck and prosperity in the new year.