What is Shungite? Where does it come from?
There are 3 main variations of Shungite – Shungite Elite, Shungite Dress and Shungite Noble. Shungite is an ancient mineral; scientists claiming that it is more than 2 billion years old. The research must be true as only a stone that has existed for such a long time can hold such immense energy and healing properties. Shungite has become quite the sensation in the mineral world, famous for its unique composition and as such its immense healing powers.
Shungite is mined and found only in Russia.
Benefits of Shungite
Shungite has a unique mineral composition of fullerenes, which is a crystalline modification of carbon. Fullerenes have various benefits for human kind:
- Fullerenes are extremely powerful antioxidants that are highly needed to eradicate oxidative stress caused by free radicals (the bad guys that cause damage to our cells) in our body.
- Protection from Electro Magnetic Frequency (EMF). The dangers of EMF in the present times is on the rise due to our extensive use of electronic gadgets at all times. Scientific research is showing that placing Shungite items around you helps in reducing the effects of EMF on the human body.
- Reduces effect of Geopathic Stress. Geopathic stress starts affecting us when we spend too much time in an area that is effected by weak EMF. Geopathic stress easily effects areas with electricity towers, underground steams, specific mineral concentrations, etc.
- Strengthens the root chakra. Shungite is a grounding stone; associated with the root chakra. A balanced root chakra will give feelings of belonging, safety, security and stability. Our root chakra is our foundation so it is important to keep it open and balanced at all times. Meditate with a piece of Shungite placed on your root chakra (located at the base of your spine) to benefit from it.
- Water filtration. Because of its extremely high carbon content, Shungite can be used for water filtration and people are reporting back extreme benefits. Various names given to Shungite include the healing stone, the miracle stone and the stone of life. Read below on how to make Shungite water at home.
- Overall improvement in immunity that can relieve health conditions relating to aches in joints and muscles, respiratory organs, digestion and more. Shungite water can also be used externally to treat skin elasticity and related issues.
What are the different kinds of Shungite?
Carbon content: 90% – 98%
Colour: deep silver
Appearance: shiny gun metal / deep grey
With such high carbon content, Shungite Elite is also electro conductive; this can be tested with electric testers at home. Shungite Elite is used as a water filtration system as it can absorb harmful substances providing protection from electromagnetic radiation.
Carbon content: 50% – 90%
Appearance: shiny black
Best used for creating polished Shungite plates, spheres, pyramids, tiles, jewellery, etc.
Carbon content: 30% – 50%
Appearance: rough black like charcoal. May also leave a black powdery residue
Shungite Noble can also be used for protection and making shungite water however the effectiveness of this is much lower than Shungite Elite due to its lower carbon content (this just means that you will require a larger quantity of Shungite Noble than Shungite Elite to achieve the same benefits).
- The first step for making Shungite water is extremely important. You will need to wash your shungite stones with clean (filtered) water to remove any dust or debris that may be on the surface off the stones attached during production process.
- If you are using Shungite Noble it is best to soak the stones in water overnight, rinse them one more time and then use it for your Shungite water.
- Use 150-200 grams of Shungite Noble OR
Use 50 – 70 grams of Shungite Elite
For every one liter of tap or filtered water.
(Please check if tap water is fit for direct consumption in your location)
- Leave the stones in the water overnight and then you can start drinking this water.
We recommend using a big jug or decanter for this water if you are using it for more than 1 person so when it runs low you can top it up with fresh water every evening and let them sit overnight to get the best effect. The longer your Shungite stones sit in the water the more effective it is.
Caring for your Shungite stones
- Clean your shungite stones at-least once a month in one liter of water with one tablespoon of lemon juice or vinegar for a couple of hours.
- Place your shungite stones under full sunshine for around 3 hours to re-charge them back to their original state. Turn them once during the 3 hours while they sit in the sun.
Note: Alternate therapies (including Crystals) are not substitutes for medical aid. Please do not replace them with your doctors advice or prescribed medication.
The Mind, Body and Soul Connection
Stress has unfortunately become an integral part of our daily lives. However, with holistic wellness and healing modalities, we can bring our body, mind and soul into alignment as we begin to heal and grow spiritually. Let Manisha Dutta, our Holistic Healer help you find your path as you embark on your healing journey. As a result, stress will no longer remain a part of your life and you will always project the best version of yourself by attaining a natural state of calmness, trusting your inner voice and expressing your creativity.
Holistic Healing Sessions
To Book your 1 on 1 personal healing sessions, feel free to get in touch with us: 055 626 4742 | email: email@example.com
There are no reviews yet.